- Vitamin Enriched Face Base - this is a moisturizing face primer
- Hydrating Eye Cream - used this before applying under eye concealer
- Hydrating Face Tonic - facial toner
- Creamy Concealer kit in warm beige
- Skin Foundation stick in Warm beige
- Sheer finish pressed powder
- Blush - i can't remember what blush she used but it was more of a mauvy color
- Lipstick in Heather Pink
So I went to the store at Siam Center and told the saleslady that I want to try their new foundation and she was very kind in assisting me even though she's not good in english. First, she removed my makeup as I was wearing one with bobbi brown's instant long-wear makeup remover. She applied the Hydrating Face tonic which is basically a toner so as to provide a clean 'canvas' to work with. Then, she applied the vitamin enriched face base that will act as a face primer. I wasn't a fan of this face primer as it felt quite sticky on my skin although it claimed to be non-greasy. But I know it's packed with great ingredients which hydrates, softens and cushions the skin through out the day.
After all the skin care products that she slapped on my face, she now proceeded on applying the stick foundation. She applied it just like how you apply lipstick, it's that easy! So she blended the foundation using a face brush but I can see that it was emphasizing my pores while she was blending the foundation. After she blended the foundation on my skin, I wasn't pleased with the result. It felt so sticky and my pores in my cheek area were saying hello at me! I was also wondering why she kept using the stick foundation as a concealer to conceal my blemishes and scars. She did 2 full face coats on my face and I can still see my acne scars which I really don't like. So she powdered my face and applied some blush-on and lipstick to set everything. I told her that I will just walk around outside for a bit to test if the makeup will not melt as it is very hot and humid in Thailand right now (you have no idea!). I bid her goodbye and told her that I will come back. Well, I didn't come back! and you know why?
I went outside Siam paragon and went to watsons which is just right across the street (takes about 10minutes only). I took a picture of myself in the daylight as well so that I can see if my makeup looks natural. It's not natural, and I looked like I have heavy makeup. The color of the foundation was a tad darker than my skintone and didn't match my body (as you can see in the picture). My face never looked like this whenever I wear my chanel perfection lumiere. The stickiness feel didn't go away by the way which irritated me the most. Here's my picture:
And when I got to watsons, you would not believe that my undereye makeup were already melting! It was melting and creasing like crazy and wasn't sure how to fix it. I've read some reviews and one was from waynegoss in which he raved so much about the product. He actually stated that this foundation "looks like a skin" in which I don't really agree in every angle.
But here's what I thought that went wrong during the makeup process.
- She applied a very moisturizing product on my face which I firmly believe that it contributed to the main reason why the foundation was melting on my face. I have a combination skin type and living here in Thailand is like hell (i mean too hot! haha) so putting on an extremely moisturizing product isn't a very good idea.
- She also applied eye cream which is also very moisturizing that also caused the creasing under my eye.
- She used too much of the product that caused my face to cake. I knew the lighting inside the store were deceiving my eyes because my face looked natural and flawless. But thank god I stepped outside and I saw what my face actually looked like. It wasn't horrible but it wasn't better than my chanel as I've said before.
To sum it all up, I'm disappointed with this product and would never purchase this. Having said that, it doesn't mean that this won't work on you either. So I still suggest to try it for yourself and let me know what you think. I guess I'll have to stick to my chanel perfection lumiere. Still on the hunt for my next 'perfect foundation'. I got my eye on YSL youth liberator serum foundation, What do you guys think? :)